Celebrate World Prematurity Day with MARCH Centre
World Prematurity Day is a key moment to focus global attention on the leading cause of child deaths under age 5 – complications from preterm birth – which account for over 1 million deaths each year (UNICEF). Without a major push to reduce these deaths, we will not reach the Global Goals, endorsed by 193 countries, to end all preventable newborn and child deaths by 2030. Efforts for World Prematurity Day support the implementation of the Every Woman Every Child Global Strategy for Women’s, Children’s and Adolescents’ Health. A multitude of events organized around the globe on World Prematurity Day combined with a coordinated and widespread social media effort are at the heart of the effort.
Below are a list of simple things you can do to support World Prematurity Day:
- Add your voice and sign-up to automatically post a message of support and awareness of prematurity through your social media community on World Prematurity Day.
Go to: po.st/rhblIY
- Change your profile picture by adding a World Prematurity Day profile picture on Facebook and Twitter, helping to raise awareness without saying a word. Go to: po.st/bnwQsi
- Post in social media leading up to and on World Prematurity Day using #worldprematurityday
- Go purple! by wearing purple, lighting your home or office purple or coming up with your own ways to turn the world purple in support of prematurity awareness. Share on social media with #worldprematurityday.
- Access materials for promotion including the press kit, fact sheets, country data, infographics, social media images, print ads, and customizable templates.
- Take the Kangaroo Mother Care Challenge and post photos using #KMCchallenge
- Tell us what you did by completing this simple SurveyMonkey form available at www.surveymonkey.de/r/WorldPremDay2016